Within a demanding business environment, typical access applications may include: Corporate telephony (traditional or VoIP), Corporate broadband access & Web/IP services, Metro Ethernet connections etc. The management of corporate access networks encounters multiple challenges, such as:
- Rapid changes of technology.
- Anticipation of users demands.
- Diagnosis of problems or outages in a non-disruptive manner (without impacting other users on the network).
- Maintenance of network reliability without disrupting the network and impacting business.
NMS Solution Characteristics and Benefits
- Email (and lots of it)
- Cloud services (hosted email, hosted accounting, hosted CRM, etc)
- Online banking
- Online research
- VOIP in place of PBX phone systems
- Downloading/uploading large files
- Online backup
- View SLA Achievements ensuring revenue-critical service performance optimization.
- Report and verify end-user SLA compliance in real-time.
- Mitigate the risk of non-compliance with warning status alerts and escalation.
To successfully apply a Centralised Corporate Access Management, the requirements can be summarised as following:
- Events correlation and fast resolution of problems
- Monitoring of SLA-relevant parameters for enhanced customer satisfaction
- Fast removal of bottlenecks
- Prediction of trends in growth for network re-planning